CAROLE PEREZ-NAVARRO's Note:
Practical Vegetarian Cookery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt half the buttetr in a saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- 2Add the lentils and vegetable stock.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Melt the remaining butter in a small skillet.
- 6Add the almonds and pine nuts and fry them over a low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Put the lentils, almonds, and pine nuts, with any remaining butter, into a food processor.
- 9Add the ground coriander, cumin, ginger, and fresh cilantro.
- 10Process for about 20 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
- 11Alternatively, press the lentils through a strainer to puree them and then mix with the finely chopped nuts, spices, and herbs.
- 12Season the dip with salt and pepper and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- 13Serve with fresh vegetable crudites and bread sticks.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered Nut and Lentil Dip
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 89.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: