Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite treat
Pate Brisee (Short Crust Pastry)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into pieces
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup ice water
Butter Tart Filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Pate Brisee: In a food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pour 1/8 cup water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. If necessary, add more water.
- Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about one hour before using.
- After the dough has chilled sufficiently, place on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into 12 - 4 inch rounds.
- Gently place the rounds into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up the dough. .
- Butter Tart Filling: In a medium sized saucepan lightly whisk the eggs.
- Whisk in the butter, sugar, and cream.
- Place on medium heat and, stirring constantly, bring this mixture just to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place about a teaspoon of raisins into the bottom of each tart shell and then fill the unbaked tart shells with the filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the pastry has nicely browned and the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.