Recipe by KlynnPadilla
Found this recipe online when looking for Canadian dishes for ZWT. Not sure of the baking directions, I'll adjust after I've made it, and / or open to suggestions.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 1⁄4 cups currants or 2 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 4 teaspoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- In bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, flour, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in currants or raisins. Pour in pie shell.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 250. Bake for about 30 minutes longer or till center is just firm to the touch, covering edges of.
- pastry with foil if browning too much.
- Let cool completely before cutting.