Butter Tart Pie
This pie comes from my most favorite Cook book by Canadian Living "Country Cooking" At my brothers wedding I made all the pies and my mom made all the cheesecakes. This pie got rave reviews, too bad I only made one! Very yummy and sweet....
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups currants
- 1 -9 inch unbaked pie shell
- In bowl beat eggs lightly.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, flour, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Stir in currants and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes longer or until center is just firm to the touch, covering edges of pastry with foil if browning to much.
- Let cool completely before serving.