Recipe by ScrappieDoo
A perfect buttery sweet filling makes these irresistable! Passed down by my great Aunt who was French Canadian. She cooked with approximate measures, so these amounts may vary to taste.
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted (NOT margarine)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 78.07 ml raisins or 78.07 ml walnuts or 78.07 ml pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Add the vanilla, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add to mixture; add corn syrup.
- Sprinkle 5 or 6 raisins (or walnuts or pecans) into the bottom of each tart shell. These tarts are also delicious without anything in them.
- Ladle the filling into the tart shells, filling about 2/3 of each shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until the filling is just barely set.
- Cool tarts and enjoy!