Recipe by ScrappieDoo
A perfect buttery sweet filling makes these irresistable! Passed down by my great Aunt who was French Canadian. She cooked with approximate measures, so these amounts may vary to taste.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (NOT margarine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Add the vanilla, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add to mixture; add corn syrup.
- Sprinkle 5 or 6 raisins (or walnuts or pecans) into the bottom of each tart shell. These tarts are also delicious without anything in them.
- Ladle the filling into the tart shells, filling about 2/3 of each shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until the filling is just barely set.
- Cool tarts and enjoy!