Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is delicious and one your whole family will love! I double the frosting and add 1 c. of pecans to the frosting and 1 c. to the cake, as I LOVE nuts! You need one 9x13" pan to toast the nuts and two 9" pans for the cake.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped (I use 1 c. in the cake, and 1 c. in the frosting = 2 c.)
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 158.51 ml milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 709.77 ml confectioners' sugar
- 44.37 ml milk
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- pecans, toasted
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; stir in pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- Cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans, reserving remaining pecans for Butter Pecan Frosting.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cakepans; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool layers in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- Spread top and sides of cooled cake with Butter Pecan Frosting
- Makes one 2-layer cake.
- Butter Pecan Frosting:
- Cream butter; add sugar, milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in reserved toasted pecans.
- Makes enough frosting for one 2-layer cake, but I like doubling the ingredients.