Butter Pecan Cake
This is from my MIL.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Butter Pecan Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour melted butter into a baking pan.
- Stir in pecans; toast at 350 degrees for 1 0 minutes; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup toasted pecans.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until test done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add milk and vanilla, beating with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add additional milk if needed.
- Stir in remaining pecans.
- Spread frosting between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My hubby requested a butter pecan cake. I usually use the box version but my grocery store no longer carries it. So I gave this a try. Holy cow was this the ticket! Toasting the pecans in butter makes this cake awesome. I made it in a 9x13 cake pan and baked at 350. It did not fill the pan as much as a box mix does so I shortened the time to 35 minutes and it was perfect. I also used my regular butter cream frosting (per his request). He told me 3 times "this is great" Needless to say I will always use this recipe for the butter pecan requests.1Reply
see 12 more