Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This cake is delicious and one your whole family will love! I double the frosting and add 1 c. of pecans to the frosting and 1 c. to the cake, as I LOVE nuts! You need one 9x13" pan to toast the nuts and two 9" pans for the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (I use 1 c. in the cake, and 1 c. in the frosting = 2 c.)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; stir in pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- 2Cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 5Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans, reserving remaining pecans for Butter Pecan Frosting.
- 6Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cakepans; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 7Cool layers in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- 8Spread top and sides of cooled cake with Butter Pecan Frosting
- 9Makes one 2-layer cake.
- 10Butter Pecan Frosting:
- 11Cream butter; add sugar, milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- 12Stir in reserved toasted pecans.
- 13Makes enough frosting for one 2-layer cake, but I like doubling the ingredients.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g