Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A lovely presentable bar that is not too sweet and never fails to please. Takes little time to put together and less than 35 minutes to bake. The time for setting and cooling is longer but well worth the wait.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (levelled)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter (levelled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or 1 cup Skor English toffee bit
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease well, a 13"x9" cake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and softed butter until crumbly.
- Press firmly into pan and bake in oven for 15 min or until golden.
- While crust is baking, beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter until well blended, 5 minute.
- Stir in chips or bits and fold in pecans.
- Pour evenly over the crust and return to oven.
- Bake for 30 min or until golden in colour and setting has occurred. (when pan is shook filling does not run).
- Place on cooling rack and run a spatula around outer edge before cooling. Leave on rack until completely cool then cut into bars.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator if you can keep your hands out of it.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Really good! The Husband approves...and I really didn't think it was time-consuming, quite easy actually. Thanks!