Recipe by Jeremiah
Recipe I found on indobase....Its a great curry recipe that is awesome with naan or rice, great flavor and family favorite.
- 450 g boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Ground)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- water, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- • Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- • Saute white onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- • Put butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala (1 tsp), chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Stir it for about 1 minute.
- • Add tomato puree to the mixture. Cook it for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- • Add cream and yoghurt into the same pan and mix them well.
- • Reduce heat to low and cook sauce for 10 minutes.
- • Now add salt, black pepper and cayenne into the mixture. Remove the pan from heat.
- • Heat oil (1tbsp) in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- • Cut the Chicken to bite-size pieces and wash it well.
- • Cook chicken pieces until it gets slightly brown (for about 10 minutes).
- • Reduce the heat and season the chicken with garam masala (1 tsp) and cayenne.
- • Put 1/3 cup of the prepared sauce into it and cook until liquid get reduced (for about 5 minutes).
- • Now pour the rest of the sauce into the chicken.
- • Mix cornstarch and water well. Put this mixture into the chicken.
- • Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- • Butter Chicken is ready to serve.