Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This baked spaghetti dinner is full of vegetables, lean meat and pasta, and topped with cheese: a delicious way to fit in a variety of foods! For more veggies, serve it with a tossed green salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion.
- Cook and stir until the onion is soft. Stir in the tomato puree, green peper, mushrooms, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer until well blended.
- Mix with the spaghetti, and place in an oven-proof casserole dish. Top with the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:.
- Calories 510; total fat 16g (saturated fat 7g); cholesterol 85mg; sodium 800mg; carbohydrate 57g (fiber 6g); protein 37g.