Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a crockpot stew that is tasty and easy. I got this from a local community cookbook.
Make and share this Busy Day Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Place into crockpot in this order: potatoes, carrots, meat.
- Sprinkle the meat with the soy sauce, salt, paprika, flour, in that order.
- Spread the chopped onions on top of that.
- Combine the beef broth and tomato sauce; pour over all of the above.
- Cover and cook on low 9 to 11 hours.
- May be cooked on high for 5 hours.
- May be stirred during cooking, although, stirring is not necessary.
Great to come home to the aroma of beef stew and know you have a meal ready for the table. The beef, vegetables and seasonings worked well for us. I served this with CountLady's Herb and Cheese Biscuits #153610. What was suggested is less tomato sauce and next time around will add only a tablespoon or two. Thank you for posting a busy day recipe that was so easy to prepare.
Easy comfort dish! I halved the recipe, but used the original amounts for the broth and tomato sauce. Also used baby carrots since that is what I had on hand. It definitely is good for a busy day since it goes together so quickly and requires no attention the rest of the day. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum! I cut this recipe in half since there are only 3 of us. It took me about 20 minutes to get everything chopped, peeled, etc and ready to cook. The house smelled wonderful after a few hours and my family LOVED it! It was a tad salty, so next time I will use sodium free beef broth. Other than that, it was great and we will definately make it again!