Recipe by keen5
This is a crockpot stew that is tasty and easy. I got this from a local community cookbook.
Top Review by Gerry
Great to come home to the aroma of beef stew and know you have a meal ready for the table. The beef, vegetables and seasonings worked well for us. I served this with CountLady's Herb and Cheese Biscuits #153610. What was suggested is less tomato sauce and next time around will add only a tablespoon or two. Thank you for posting a busy day recipe that was so easy to prepare.
- 6 large potatoes, pared and quartered
- 6 large carrots, pared and quartered
- 3 lbs stew beef chunks
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 large onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth (may be canned)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place into crockpot in this order: potatoes, carrots, meat.
- Sprinkle the meat with the soy sauce, salt, paprika, flour, in that order.
- Spread the chopped onions on top of that.
- Combine the beef broth and tomato sauce; pour over all of the above.
- Cover and cook on low 9 to 11 hours.
- May be cooked on high for 5 hours.
- May be stirred during cooking, although, stirring is not necessary.