Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hot dog and burger combo that is sure to please. My original.
Make and share this Burger Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Separate ground beef into 4 even sections.
- Place each section between waxed paper about 6 x 6-inch .
- Roll or pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread each "burger" with mustard.
- Add chopped onion, evenly.
- Add garlic evenly.
- Add cheese evenly.
- Add hot sauce.
- Place one hot dog on one edge of "burger".
- Roll and seal.
- Either cook over hot coals or pan fry until done to your liking (about 15 - 20 minutes).
- Serve on rolls.
HOW fun can this be! I LOVE doing this today...is SO me!!! I only had slight probs re falling apart,and think that was only the start! Next time will cut hot dogs in half, so will be easier to cook, For this recipe, DEFINATELY have a look! THANKS!
My kids think I'm a genius!! I followed the recipes exactly and they came out perfect. These are extremely filling and work well at filling hearty appetites. Thank you.
I made your Burger Dogs today, they were very good! Anytime someone asked what I was making, I said "Burger Dogs!" and of course that got a lot of questions, everyone also thought that it sounded good. I made three and used the whole lb of hamburger but really should`nt have because they were pretty big. They did keep trying to come apart too so might have been better with less hamburger. I was wondering what to put on the buns and got the brilliant idea to put a thin layer of leftover chili on each side of the buns, great idea! Thanks for posting your unique creation. Vi