Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Mini burger buns which are eggless.
Make and share this Burger Buns recipe from Food.com.
- Begin proofing the yeast with 1/3 cup of warm water.
- Mix yeast and sugar in the warm water and set aside for 10 mins or until it froths up.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt and combine well.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Now, add the proofed yeast, curd, melted butter and mix the dough.
- Knead to get a smooth soft dough. Takes about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap or a damp kitchen towel and let it rise until double in volume. Takes anywhere between 1 hour to 2 hours depending on the weather.
- Once risen, punch the dough and divide the dough into 15 parts and shape them into rounds.
- Place them about 1 inch apart on a baking tray lined with 2 to 3 layers of parchment paper or tin foil and cover them with a damp towel and let them rise until double. Again takes 45 mins to 1 hour depending on the weather.
- Towards the end of the second rise, preheat oven to 180 Celsius.
- Once the rounds have risen, brush them with milk and top them with sesame seeds and bake for 12 to 15 mins or until tops are golden.
- Once baked, remove and cool completely.