- 500 g khoya, grated
- 250 -300 g powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped pista
- 2 edible silver foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix grated khoya to the sugar and cook on a slow fire till the mixture is semi-solid.
- Remove from the fire. When cold, mix in the cardamom powder and spread the mixture evenly on a greased metal tray.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and chopped pista all over and press silver sheets on the mixture.
- Cut into medium sized squares when set.
- By adding few ingredients to the basic khoya burfi, cashew burfi, almond burfi, pista burfi can also be made.