Chocolate Burfi (Balochistan)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1 cup maida flour or 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cashews
- Add all the ingredients except the cashews to a hot pan. Stir for 20 to 25 minutes, until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Add the cashews and keep stirring. Pour the mixture into a greased pan and cut into squares (you may have to reinforce your cuts later as the burfi cools).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">