Recipe by s'kat
A wonderfully marinated Korean beef dish. Kimchi, white sticky rice, whole cabbage leaves and assorted pickled vegetables make a wonderful accompaniment. Optionally, add an assortment of vegetables to beef marinade.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Bulgogi is very easy to make, it is tender and has a good flavor. You must definitely sever this with sticky rice as s'kat says. And while I LOVE Kimchi, those of you that don't know what these is best try a taste of it before you buy a entire jar! We buy Kimchi by the gallon, truly.
- 680.38 g boneless rib eye steaks, cut into very thin slices 5-6" long x 2" wide (I use Black Angus)
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 3 clove garlic, crushed/chopped fine
- 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml korean sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef& sugar, let rest 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and let stand 1 hr at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the meat to mature- better the longer it marinates!
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, a few slices at a time, and sear without oil for 2-3 minutes at most.
- Or, grill beef in very hot gas or electric broiler.
- Serve immediately with white sticky rice and an assortment of side dishes.