Recipe by melon cake
a variation on tabouleh salad, this keeps well for a few days in the fridge. add some chick peas for a one-bowl light lunch.
Top Review by Kathy's in the kitchen
My family loved this recipe. We're new to Bulgur and love the versatility of it. I doubled the bulgur and water. You really do only soak it in the boiling water for 30 min. So easy! I only used a small amount of parsely as we're not fond of the strong taste of it. 1 cucumber. 1 red bell pepper as we are wimpy tongued and don't tolerate red pepper to well. I also used much less olive oil as it can be overpowering. I added chopped garlic and salt and sweet chopped tomatoes. I left the feta at this amount in the recipe and it was plenty. Next time I'll also add Kalamata olives. We will definitely make this again.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- stir boiling water and bughur in a heatproof bowl or sauce pan, cover and let cool, about 1/2 hour. (this step can be done then popped in the fridge the night before.).
- while the grain cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- combine cooled bulghur with the chopped vegetables and cheese.
- toss entire mixture with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- pepper to taste.