Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great combination of jalapeno poppers and buffalo wings! I love experimenting, and this one was a keeper!
- 10 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, half a package
- 3⁄4 cup sargento mexican 4 blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked chicken, can sub canned drained and shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- *Before starting, if your hands are sensitive to the heat of the peppers, please wear gloves. And always remember not to touch your eyes, face, nose, etc. as the juice can be very hot.
- Carefully cut jalapenos in half lengthwise leaving the stems on.
- With your finger or small spoon, scrape out seeds and membrane.
- In smal bowl, combine remaining ingredients except crumbled blue cheese.
- Spoon (or pipe) chicken mixture into pepper halves.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in 325 oven for 20 minutes for hot flavor, 30 minutes for medium, and 40 minutes for mild.
- During last 5 minutes of baking time, sprinkle each with blue cheese, or sprinkle over each when serving.
If you love blue cheese and spicy wings, these are awesome!
It IS a keeper! I made these when friends were coming over for dinner. These went over very well! There wasn't one left when we got done!