Recipe by Jeff n Jess
This recipe was inspired after a trip to Ruby Tuesday and tasting this dish. I tried to do my best from my eating experience to judge this recipe. After making it, I totally nailed it the first time around. This recipe calls for Egg Rolls wrappers, however for smaller bite size portions, Wonton wrappers should suffice.
Top Review by gorgalonius
Wow! I am a big fan of the Buffalo Blasts at the Cheesecake Factory, and these are just as good! I substituted the cheddar cheese with a 5 cheese blend..it's great!! Awesome recipe!
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese Breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (Plain)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour (to prevent sticking)
- 4 egg roll wraps
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Deep Fryer to 375°F.
- Cook Chicken.
- I had just cooked the chicken on the stove top with about 1/3 cup of the hot sauce. Cook the chicken all the way through until done. It's also a good idea just to nuke the chicken for a minute as well to ensure that's its thoroughly cooked.
- When the chicken is done, cut it up into small pieces about the size quarter ($0.25)or smaller. The idea is small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl mix the chicken pieces, cheese and most of the hot sauce, leaving a little bit for the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly to make sure hot sauce is distributed throughout.
- Making the wonton coating. Mix the panko, breadcrumbs and pepper. Done.
- Place a little flour on a surface to prevent eggroll wrappers from sicking to it.
- Take eggroll wrapper and place on top of the floured surface.
- Place at least 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in a wonton and fold wonton into the shape of a large triangle (just once over) making sure that the edges from one side touch the other, Try to make sure you do NOT trap much air in the chicken mixture pocket as this makes them explode.
- Prepare remaining wontons with chicken mixture.
- Mix the 2 eggs together in a bowl.
- Add about a 1/3 cup of hot sauce. (all remaining hot sauce) to the eggs and mix.
- Coat each stuffed wonton with the egg mixture, Brushing is recommended.
- Place egg coated stuffed wonton into bread mixture.
- Make sure entire wonton gets coated with crumbs.
- Shake off excess crumbs.
- Then place the bread coated wonton into the hot frying oil for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove excess oil.
- Serve with Blue Cheese and Celery!