Charmie's Buffalo Chicken Wontons
photo by Chef Buggsy Mate
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo-style hot sauce (or up to 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying, peanut suggested)
- Mix the chicken with the hot sauce and garlic.
- Mix in the cream cheese until smooth.
- NOTE: all amounts are suggested; feel free to adjust to your personal preference.
- Put about a tsp into the center of a wonton, seal edges using a little water. Keep covered until all wontons are done.
- Heat oil to about 325º.
- Fry wontons, a few at a time, until lightly brown and crisp.
- Serve with bleu cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping.
- NOTE: The filling can be made the day ahead and refrigerated, and the flavor intensifies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are very yummy. I changed it a bit though. I made my filling up ahead. then I took he wonton wrappers and pressing each one in a mini muffin pan. baked them about 7 min. then when I was ready to heat them I put a good spoonful in each wonton and baked them till they were hot. this is a favorite of ours and is requested freqently, besides football season.
see 7 more reviews