Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
a spontaneous use of ground buffalo meat that will be repeated!
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1⁄3 cup dry crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh onion
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup salsa, of choice (I used chipotle)
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large enough bowl to hold everything, mix the egg, oat bran, cheese and seasonings together first, making sure the cheese is fully fragmented.
- Stir in the salsa and minced onion, mixing well again.
- Mix the buffalo in, making sure all of it is blending with the egg mixture and coming together into a mass. Let rest briefly while you heat oil in a pan.
- Make four large burgers and cook in the pan over moderate heat, turning as needed to brown them. This will take approximately 15 minutes. Serving suggestion: wonderful with green salad, or in a wrap with extra salsa, lettuce etc.
This was really interesting.. I liked how healthy these are. I only made a few changes, didn't measure the spices so there was probably a little less, left out the onions, used 6 hot sauce packets instead of the salsa and did not use the oil.