Budget-Stretching Beef and Zucchini Enchiladas W/Brown Rice
- Cook brown rice and set aside.
- While rice is cooking make sauce. To make sauce, combine enchilada sauce, salsa, tomato sauce, garlic, 1 teaspoons cumin, and 1 teaspoons chili powder. Simmer until hot. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute ground beef, 1/2 cup diced onion, 1 cup zucchini, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is cooked and onions and zucchini are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1 cup cooked brown rice and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- In a 7x 11 inch casserole, ladle some of the sauce to get about 1/4 inch deep. Microwave corn tortillas 45-60 seconds.
- Fill tortilla’s with meat mixture and 1 or 2 Tblsp. of cheese. Roll and place seam side down on top of sauce. Cover with remaining sauce. Bake, covered with foil, for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil, top with 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining rice and refried beans.