1/2 Photos of Budget-Stretching Beef and Zucchini Enchiladas W/Brown Rice
1 hr 5 mins
Wanna feed your family a cheap and healthier dinner? Try these great enchilada’s made with just 1/2 pound of ground beef. ------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (cook 1 cup brown rice in 2 1/4 cups of water plus 1 beef bouillon cube for 45 min.)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1Cook brown rice and set aside.
- 2While rice is cooking make sauce. To make sauce, combine enchilada sauce, salsa, tomato sauce, garlic, 1 teaspoons cumin, and 1 teaspoons chili powder. Simmer until hot. Keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, saute ground beef, 1/2 cup diced onion, 1 cup zucchini, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is cooked and onions and zucchini are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1 cup cooked brown rice and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- 4In a 7x 11 inch casserole, ladle some of the sauce to get about 1/4 inch deep. Microwave corn tortillas 45-60 seconds.
- 5Fill tortilla’s with meat mixture and 1 or 2 Tblsp. of cheese. Roll and place seam side down on top of sauce. Cover with remaining sauce. Bake, covered with foil, for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil, top with 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining rice and refried beans.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Budget-Stretching Beef and Zucchini Enchiladas W/Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 692.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g