Recipe by 2Bleu
Our Zaar friend Chef #143318 gave us a heads up on an actual recipe called "Buddha jumps over the wall" which includes over thirty ingredients and takes 2 days to make it! She thought we would like to post it..... NOT! But for her 'enlightenment' of finding it for us and giving us a laugh, we came up with this wonderful quick and simple dessert in her honor. So here you go Jen, Thanks for thinking of us. ;)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to give to some neighbors who had their kids visiting & they loved it! I'd actually made two pies & kept one right here, so we know how great it tastes, but then I'm biased, since I'm a chocoholic & made it myself! Think I'll just do it again next week as well! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups chocolate pudding
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Lite, divided
- 8 chocolate chip cookies, broken up (represents the wall)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, almonds, and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press into a 9" deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Fold 1/2 Cool Whip into chocolate pudding.
- Place on top of cheesecake mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over top of pudding layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 more hours.
- Garnish with broken cookies just before serving.