Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my most "precious" recipes that I am so proud to be sharing with my friends on Zaar and the rest of the world. This recipe was born on the 23rd of February at close to midnight(isn't that somethin'!). It just happened that my kitchen was sparkling clean, but I had several of these horrible grease marks all over my cooking unit which were not taking the name of going, no matter how much I scrubbed them using baking soda and vinegar(the combo generally works very well to cut through grease). I was slogging like crazy trying so very hard, when it just occured to me that I could try using washing soda to fight these grease marks. When I looked at the washing soda box, it didn't mention that washing soda works to fight grease. So, I looked up the borax box and that said it does work to fight grease. Well, then, I just took the box straight into my kitchen and called my dad to help me(cos my arm was so tired with the 30 minutes of scrubbing). When my dad got to the kitchen, he saw the box of borax and got an idea. He said, why not try using some vinegar, some borax powder and some Surgical spirit..and then trying to scrub! We did and guess what - It worked like a charm plus it hardly costs few pennies!!! Now, I have the best grease fighter right here!!! I hope it will do you as much good as it did me:) Please note: The number of servings really depends on how much grease you got to fight! The cooking time is how much time it took me to get rid of all the horrible grease.
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol (91% Isopropyl Alcohol)
- 2 cups borax
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- Put the borax powder on the tough grease stains.
- Add vinegar and allow it to bubble vigorously.
- Start scrubbing now on the tough and dirty grease marks.
- After 2 minutes of tough scrubbing, add a tbsp.
- or two of rubbing alcohol and scrub away with all your energy!
- Like that, keep adding rubbing alcohol, borax powder and vinegar as required and scrub away until all the stains are gone for good!
My mother used a recipie similar to this and has since switched over... a million thanks from her!!