Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Not everybody loves Brussels sprouts, which taste and look like sweet little cabbages, but I bet this recipe would change their mind. This came from Christmas With Paula Deen. I have not tried this recipe just posting for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 lb lean bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the bacon grease over low heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir them around so that they are coated with the bacon grease.
- Add the broth and cook, covered, over low heat until the sprouts are easily pierced with a fork, about 12-15 minutes. Stir in the butter just before serving. Garnish each serving with bacon bits.
These are great! I normally don't use bacon in my vegetables, but I will say that I liked this and it was a nice side dish for Thanksgiving. I used pancetta for bacon. I'd recommend using a good-quality chicken broth/stock. This is a wonderful way to make Brussels sprouts. Thanx!