Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy to prepare. Low in calories and fat too!
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Dill Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Steam split brussels sprouts for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small saucepan with olive oil, and saute garlic briefly on medium heat, stirring.
- Add dill, stir briefly, and add chicken broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Boil to drive off alcohol; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture while stirring, until desired consistency is obtained.
- Remove from heat.
- Place sprouts on plate and spoon sauce over them; serve.
I'll be making these over & over- just look at the calories and when you taste the flavor - great. I used 3 cloves of garlic (love that garlic) Thanks Sue L
I like the steam first then saute method on these sprouts. However, I did not like the flavor combination. I thought that the dill fought with the sprouts and gave a sort of bitter flavor to them. Flavors are subjective though, maybe I just don't like dill with sprouts. Thanks for posting!
Now what a surprise! I came home late and DH had cooked these and did really well considering that he had two tired kids around his feet while he did. He accidently left the cornstarch out, but that was no biggie.. these tasted great !!!I didn't quite know what to expect of a dill/garlic/sprout combination, but Wow!, it really works well and we will be making this again very soon indeed. DH loved them too and was rather smug about his culinary success. It went very very well indeed with plain pasta and fish cooked in a little white wine ... ah, the bottle was open, so why not ? LOL. Please see my rating system: 5 Brilliant stars for a flavour combination that I was initially a little nervous of when I picked out the recipe but which ended up being the star of the show. We sprout lovers will be enjoying this all winter long. Thanks!