Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and tasty way to serve Brussels sprouts. Great for guests and holidays.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cooked till just tender with centers still firm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Add prosciutto to skillet , half at a time, and cook until crisp; remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and shallots to skillet. Cook and stir about 2 mins or until shallots begin to soften.
- Add Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper and cook for 6-8 mins or until heated through. Add vinegar and stir to coat.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl, top with prosciutto and serve.
I made this on the spur of the moment and did not have prosciutto, i used Oscar Mayer Center Cut bacon instead......It actually gave it a good taste and the crunch gave a different texture to the dish....but still quite tasty......so dont let the absence of prosciutto stop you from enjoying these...
EVERYONE in my family loved this- father-in-law, sister, kids, even husband who hates brussels sprouts liked it. My mother-in-law asked me to make it again this Christmas.