Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is adapted from Anne Casales' "Italian Family Cooking"
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts With Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- Cut off upper stalks of fennel. Slice in quarters vertically and trim out inner core. Slice into thin lengthwise strips.
- Cook Brussels sprouts with 1 T salt in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool enough to handle and slice each sprout in half.
- In large sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat until haze forms.
- Add onion and fennel and cook until medium tender (should still have a little crunch).
- Add sprouts, sugar, salt, pepper and stir – let cook ~3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and breadcrumbs until combined – then eat!