This is adapted from Anne Casales' "Italian Family Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off upper stalks of fennel. Slice in quarters vertically and trim out inner core. Slice into thin lengthwise strips.
- 2Cook Brussels sprouts with 1 T salt in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain and let cool enough to handle and slice each sprout in half.
- 4In large sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat until haze forms.
- 5Add onion and fennel and cook until medium tender (should still have a little crunch).
- 6Add sprouts, sugar, salt, pepper and stir – let cook ~3 minutes.
- 7Stir in lemon juice and breadcrumbs until combined – then eat!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 431.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g