1/2 Photos of Brussels Sprouts & Water Chestnuts
This is such an easy recipe and it does dress up the sprouts - the chestnuts stay crunchy. I sometimes add a few button mushrooms too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, small, trimmed, and an x cut into the bottom stem
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar or 1/8 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, dried
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1Bring broth to a boil, add sprouts and simmer uncovered for 7 minutes, or a bit longer depending on the size, they should be fork tender, drain well.
- 2Add butter,sugar, thyme, chestnuts salt& Pepper to the sprouts.
- 3Saute until the sprouts/ chestnuts are hot and glazed.
- 4Squeeze or sprinkle the fresh lemon juice over them.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts & Water Chestnuts
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 453.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g