Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really good way to cook brussel sprouts, one of my favorite vegetables.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, and divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Wash brussel sprouts thoroughly; removed discolored leaves and cut off stem ends, slashing the bottoms of each sprout with a shallow "X". Set aside.
- Saute garlic in 1 tbsp butter and the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add the brussel sprouts, stirring gently to coat. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add the last 1 tbsp butter to the skillet with the brussel sprouts. Add the chopped parsley and lemon juice (if you want). Stir gently, and heat over low heat until the mixture is heated thoroughly.
I think this may be the best brussel sprout recipe I've tried. I basically followed the recipe except for switching the chicken stock to white wine, not adding the additional butter at the end and using dried parsley instead of fresh. Love how they were basically steamed through and infused with so much flavor. Will definitely make again.
I usually roast my brussels sprouts but this was a great alternative! Super flavorful and easy. I recommend seasoning with salt and pepper (I used lemon pepper) after you drain so that the seasoning doesnt all go down the sink! Thanks for a great recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.
These were wonderful! We loved the garlic butter flavor and found it to be a quick easy recipe. Mine were very yummy even though over cooked due to an unforeseen distraction during the cooking. We will be making these again, thanks for the post.