Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from The Little Red House...a great unusual combination of flavors and nutrition and textures...
Make and share this Brussel Sprouts With Bacon, Lime, Avocado, Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- While you are slicing your brussels, cook the bacon until crispy in a large skillet. Remove from pan.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan (depending on how much bacon drippings were left over), and add your shredded brussels, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Cook for just a few minutes on medium heat, until brussels start to get tender.
- Mix in lime juice and crumble bacon into the sprouts. s&p to taste.
- Scoot your sprouts over to the side of the pan, and add avocado slices--just to quickly warm each side. You don't really want to stir them around into the sprouts or they will mash right in.
- When they are heated through, mix everything together and enjoy!
Caramelizing brussels sprouts gives them such a great flavor, and the bacon enhances that here. I accidentally doubled the bacon - made a half recipe and thought I had one slice, when two were stuck together (but it definitely wasn't too much bacon). The avocado is really unique in this. I have to admit though, I topped the plates with it room temperature, as we are not big fans of warmed/cooked avocado. It was a wonderful side dish!