Recipe by Columbus Foodie
This recipe is slightly modified from a Cooking Light recipe in order to have a more intense basil flavor from the original.
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 24 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup basil, minced
- sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub cut sides of garlic over one side of each bread slice, and spray lightly with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine tomato, onion, and oil in a bowl. Spoon tomato mixture evenly onto bread slices, and sprinkle each with minced basil and sea salt to taste.
- Nutrition information (per bruschetta slice): 36 cal, 0.9 g fat, 1 g pro, 6 g carb, 0.5 g fiber, 0 mg chol, 0.3 mg iron, 64 mg sodium, 9 mg calc, 1 WW point.