Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Egg-cellent for brunch or special breakfast!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 18 eggs, hard cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 lb bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- buttered bread crumb
- Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the milk and cream, whisking constantly.
- Cook until sauce is smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cheese, thyme, basil, marjoram.
- Cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Layer the eggs, bacon, parsley and cheese sauce 1/3 at a time in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.