Ham and Egg Brunch Casserole
Plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for 6-8 hours before baking, I have left the green onions and cayenne pepper as optional you may add them in or omit, I like to add in for extra flavor, 1 pound cooked Italian sausages meat may be used in place of the ham --- this makes a wonderful weekend brunch!
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 50mins
- 12 slices bread (cubed into about 1-inch cubes, can use white or whole wheat or both)
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use a little more)
- 7 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with baking powder, half and half cream, seasoned salt, dry mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne (if using).
- Mix in green onions.
- Pour over the bread cubes in the pan.
- Cover and chill for at least 6-8 hours.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 50-50 minutes. (This cannot be correct.).
- Allow to stand for about 5-7 minutes before slicing.