Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe for when we have overnight guests. You can serve a lot of people without spending all your time in the kitchen. And---it taste great!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In lg skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Stir in ham and tomato; set aside.
- Mix the biscuit mix and water; mix well.
- Press onto bottom and halfway up sides of a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Spread ham mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour over cheese.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Thank you MizzNezz, We shared this recipe as part of a Sunday brunch. It was perfect. We did a poll of our guests and all agreed that five star rating was appropriate. In regards to Chef's problem in speading the dough it was very simple with a water glass coated with biscuit flour
Very nice flavor and not too much work except for the crust. Getting it spread in the pan was impossible! I never did get it half way up the sides. The dough was just too sticky. I'll make my own biscuit dough next time instead of using the Bisquick. Otherwise I liked this recipe. Nice combination of flavors and not too heavy.
This was good. I used colby jack cheese because swiss is about the only cheese DH doesn't like. The crust takes a little time to spread, but a little working of it with patience and persistence worked just fine. The crust was really tasty. I think I'll try some bell pepper, mushrooms and breakfast sausage next time. Thank you for sharing, Miss Nezz.