I created this recipe because I love the flavors of strawberries and chocolate. This is awesome! Pretty simple to make also. Time does not include chilling time.
- To make brownies:.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean; let cool.
- While brownies are cooling slice the berries and set aside.
- Mix pudding with 2 cups of milk and whisk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- To layer, put brownie for first layer, add strawberries for second layer, drizzle with chocolate shell and the pudding mixture layer.
- Repeat layers ending with the pudding mixture.
- Decorate with the whole strawberry, cool whip and drizzle with the chocolate shell.
- Chill until serving about 3 hours at least.
This is actually the second time I'm making this recipe, but I realized that I didn't review it last time! The simple ingredients make this an easy but so delicious trifle! Of course it's best when you can use locally grown strawberries! I love chocolate and strawberries together!
Just made this yesterday, brought to bbq, it was AMAZING. It was gone so fast. People were coming back for seconds before others even got their first portion. Definitely a keeper. Simple ingredients that just work well together, thanks for this recipe!
I was really excited about making this but overall the taste was just good not great. I took it to a party and did not get any compliments. I will not be making this again.