Recipe by RecipeNut
I created this recipe because I love the flavors of strawberries and chocolate. This is awesome! Pretty simple to make also. Time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by AustinsAm
This is actually the second time I'm making this recipe, but I realized that I didn't review it last time! The simple ingredients make this an easy but so delicious trifle! Of course it's best when you can use locally grown strawberries! I love chocolate and strawberries together!
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart strawberry, thinly sliced, save one whole for decoration
- 2 (3 1/4 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- hershey's shell chocolate syrup, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- To make brownies:.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean; let cool.
- While brownies are cooling slice the berries and set aside.
- Mix pudding with 2 cups of milk and whisk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- To layer, put brownie for first layer, add strawberries for second layer, drizzle with chocolate shell and the pudding mixture layer.
- Repeat layers ending with the pudding mixture.
- Decorate with the whole strawberry, cool whip and drizzle with the chocolate shell.
- Chill until serving about 3 hours at least.