Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You will score points for this one! Adapted from the Great Good Food Luscious Lower Fat Cooking by Julee Rosso!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch square pan with oil.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine chocolate chips and vanilla.
- In saucepan, combine oil, sugar, and 2 Tbsp of water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour hot mixture over the chips and stir well. Add egg and egg white, and stir. Mix in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes. Make sure not to overcook! These should be slightly underdone for nice, chewy brownies. Cut while still warm from the oven into 1-inch squares (or diamonds), and cool before removing from pan.
i also had the same experience, in that they took TWICE as long to bake. i did bake them in glass so that maybe had part to do with it.. TEXTURE: nice crunchy outside, and soft inside FLAVOR: pretty good, but the chocolate taste from the choc chips just is not doing it for me. I prefer cocoa or a good baking chocolate. I do like that they use Less oil than my usual recipe- a lot less guilt!
Chocolate heaven is all wrapped up in these little bites! The flavor is fantastic. I followed the recipe exactly (even the canola oil as that is what I always use) It took 25 minutes in my oven and they came out perfect. We loved how there was a flaky top and ooey-gooey centers. My DS even liked an edge piece because they were so moist! Thanks Sharon! Made for your win in Tic Tac Toe in Safari Cooking Club!
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I made this for Cameraless Chef 2008. My family really enjoyed these brownies. Oh these are so yummy! They are so full of chocolate flavor. I must admit I was a little worried about my batter. My chocolate mix cooled way to fast and was a bit hard to mix by whisk. But once I was able to mix it by spoon the batter was thick like fudge but still easy to spread. My brownies took a extra 10 minutes in my oven (I need a new one). I loved the crunchy/flakey, outsides and chewy insides. These are so good. Thanks so much for posting a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)