Recipe by Sharon123
You will score points for this one! Adapted from the Great Good Food Luscious Lower Fat Cooking by Julee Rosso!
Top Review by weepingwillow525
i also had the same experience, in that they took TWICE as long to bake. i did bake them in glass so that maybe had part to do with it.. TEXTURE: nice crunchy outside, and soft inside FLAVOR: pretty good, but the chocolate taste from the choc chips just is not doing it for me. I prefer cocoa or a good baking chocolate. I do like that they use Less oil than my usual recipe- a lot less guilt!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (canola is good)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch square pan with oil.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine chocolate chips and vanilla.
- In saucepan, combine oil, sugar, and 2 Tbsp of water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour hot mixture over the chips and stir well. Add egg and egg white, and stir. Mix in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes. Make sure not to overcook! These should be slightly underdone for nice, chewy brownies. Cut while still warm from the oven into 1-inch squares (or diamonds), and cool before removing from pan.