Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A new way to change up boxed brownie mix, from Betty Crocker.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker original supreme premium brownie mix
- water, as called for on brownie mix box
- vegetable oil, as called for on brownie mix box
- egg, as called for on brownie mix box
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1⁄3 cups salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make brownies as directed on box-- except after removing from oven, immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Spread evenly over marshmallows. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm. For brownies, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows. Store in refrigerator.