Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. We enjoy the brownie, cheesecake and cherry combo very much. I have doubled the cheesecake layer (and baked longer) and served as dessert. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. However, flavor is best at room temperature. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Brownie Layer: Combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in a large bowl just until all dry mix is moistened.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cheesecake Layer: Beat vanilla, egg, milk and cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Cherry Layer: Spread pie filling over bars.
- Cut into 1 1/2 or 2-inch squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
This came out terrific, exactly as I wished it would! I made the brownie part from scratch (melt 4oz of unsweet choc, 4 oz butter, 1-1.5oz of choc candy bar, a Tbsp of sugar. While its melting, in another bowl, mix (but dont whip) 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp. vanilla, 4oz sugar. Let both mixtures cool a bit (to room temperature would be ideal) then fold in the choc. Sift in 2oz of bread flour and fold in gently. I baked the brownie layer first for 35-40 mins. I followed the cheesecake part exactly as directed and added it on top and baked the whole mixture for another 20-25 minutes. The brownies came out super chocolaty and nice and dense and moist as I wanted. Perfect!
I cooked the recipe as is, but cooked the brownie layer a lil longer. This cheesecake only lasts a day or so in the fridge because the canned cherries will start to liquify the cream cheese layer. Rich an delicious.
This recipe was very easy to make and quite tasty. I omitted the pie filling as it is not something I like to eat. My only problem with it was the cheesecake layer didn't taste enough like cheesecake for me. Go to my blog for a full review: http://foodmoviesgeeksandmore.blogspot.com/2010/08/brownie-cheesecake-take-one.html