Recipe by Ms B.
This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. We enjoy the brownie, cheesecake and cherry combo very much. I have doubled the cheesecake layer (and baked longer) and served as dessert. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. However, flavor is best at room temperature. Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by hdashnau
This came out terrific, exactly as I wished it would! I made the brownie part from scratch (melt 4oz of unsweet choc, 4 oz butter, 1-1.5oz of choc candy bar, a Tbsp of sugar. While its melting, in another bowl, mix (but dont whip) 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp. vanilla, 4oz sugar. Let both mixtures cool a bit (to room temperature would be ideal) then fold in the choc. Sift in 2oz of bread flour and fold in gently. I baked the brownie layer first for 35-40 mins. I followed the cheesecake part exactly as directed and added it on top and baked the whole mixture for another 20-25 minutes. The brownies came out super chocolaty and nice and dense and moist as I wanted. Perfect!
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Brownie Layer: Combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in a large bowl just until all dry mix is moistened.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cheesecake Layer: Beat vanilla, egg, milk and cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Cherry Layer: Spread pie filling over bars.
- Cut into 1 1/2 or 2-inch squares.
- Store in refrigerator.