Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, individually wrapped
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inches springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg, oil, and water. Spread into the prepared pan. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of caramel mixture and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge and remove the rim of the pan. Heat reserved caramel mixture and drizzle over cheesecake. Drizzle with chocolate topping.
I will be the first to admit that I am not a baker and admire those of you that are. With that said, I thought this turned our really well for me. The texture was what I had expected. I did bake it about 8 minutes more to get the center to set. It seemed that a lot of the carmel oozed out around the cake and formed a rather crisp outside layer. The flavor was just outstanding and is something that I will make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011