Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this aside of your favorite shellfish or seafood recipe for dipping; goes well with fish prepared both breaded and non-breaded. Much, much better than drawn butter....I promise. Also, not for the health conscious.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no margarine or other butter substitutes will do)
- seafood, any type (clams, crab legs, crab cakes, lobster, shrimp, scallops, catfish, salmon, flounder, haddock, tilapia)
- About 10 minutes before serving your seafood --
- In a small skillet, melt your butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the melted butter begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir constantly, until butter is frothy and browned.
- Pour into butter warmers and dip away.
I make this all the time. I used to think if the butter went to far, it was burnt. Come to find out browning the butter (until you see little brown flecks appear) gives it almost a rich and nutty taste. Very good! Add some toasted pine nuts and you are living large! Thanks for posting.