Recipe by Boyz 5
From our local "Quality Greens" farm market. Bread can be served warm or at room temperature. It keeps well and makes great toast too!!!
Top Review by Chef PotPie
Brown sugar makes all the difference, in my opinion! I love that the recipe includes oats, and I like the texture it gives. After reading reviews, I used 3/4 cup brown sugar along with the 6 tablespoons white, and still it wasn't too sweet. I also used 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup oil, and it came out just devine, and no one would ever know there was so much less fat! Mine cooked about 70 minutes for one loaf, and I also made a batch using 3 mini loaf pans, which baked for 45.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx 2 medium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Once combined, mix in oats.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Combine lightly, then stir in the grated zucchini--do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, mounding it up in the center, sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack for a further 10 minutes prior to slicing.