Brown Sugar Muffins
photo by Brittney D.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream vanilla, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Add egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Fill each cup of a muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Wow, these muffins are delicious! They looked a little lonely sitting in the pan so I added a crumb topping made of butter and brown sugar before baking them. Yum, Yum! Made for PAC, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most :) Edited to say I've made these twice now and they are so good! They freeze well too.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been a fan of recipezaar for awhile now, but just recently became a member. I love to cook and try new recipes, and fortunately for me, my husband will try anything. I grew up and currently reside in Utah. It's a great place to live if you like outdoor activities like us. We love to camp in the summer and ski in the winter. If you haven't been here, you should visit soon.