Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Decadent brown sugar and pecans on a shortbread crust -- like mini pecan pies in a melt-in-your-mouth bite! This recipe was my mother's and the squares are a hit wherever I take them. The dessert dish always goes home empty. I usually use pecans, but other nuts can work also.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Brown sugar topping or filling
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat crust ingredients together until crumbly (mixer works well).
- Press mixture into a 9x13 baking pan (glass works fine).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour over baked crust base and bake another 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.
I made this for my Christmas platter and have frozen all but a few testers. They taste great and are extremely easy to make. Thanks for posting this simple recipe.
YUMMMMMMMMMMM! :-) These are much too easy to make! 12 ladies devoured these and were looking for more. Thanks for this sinful recipe!
These were decadent...just like pecan pie! I usually make pies for the holidays, and made these instead, and they were gobbled up! The crust was easy and tasty; I will make these again! Thanks, Simple pleasures, for a variation on a family fave! Made for Spring PAC '09.