Recipe by Juenessa
From Southern Living December 2006 test kitchen's top rated recipes.
Top Review by Lainey6605
This is THE best coffee cake we've ever had. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. My DH and sons raved about it. It has a fabulous almost crunchy crust and the cake part is so moist and full of flavor. This is one of those cakes that you just can't stop eating so don't make this if you are on a diet! LOL The pecans on top also make this a delicious dessert. This is definitely a keeper (my DH even said so, too). Thanks for posting another winner, Juenessa!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut 3/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture and pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.