Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies are great with a cup of coffee or tea. You may need another hour to chill the dough before cutting out cookies if dough comes out sticky.
- Heat oven to 300°F
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Form dough into ball.
- On well-floured surface, roll dough 1/4-to-1/2 inch thickness.
- Using 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut circles into dough.
- Place circles 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter for frosting.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining frosting ingredients.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly on cookies.
- Let dry completely before storing.