Recipe by Kat's Mom
A grownup taste found in a circular from The Fresh Market tweaked to be a bit healthier. The heat of the red pepper flakes and the sweetness of the brown sugar & balsamic vinegar complement the bite of the sprouts.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the Brussels sprouts over boiling water until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil and garlic over medium-high heat until fragrant, being careful not to burn.
- Add Brussels sprouts, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt; stirring until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, stir for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.