Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts
I found this little gem while sitting at the Coiffeuse having my Lid Enhanced.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Trim Brussels Sprouts.
- Holding by stem end,thinly slice with mandoline or by hand.
- Place in bowl;toss to separate layers.(Can be done ahead,cover and refrigerate for 24 hours).
- In a large skillet,heat oil over medium heat;cook mustard seeds until beginning to pop,1 minute.
- Add garlic;cook for 1 minute.
- Add Sprouts,salt, pepper and sugar,cook,stirring until tender-crisp,8 minutes.
- Toss with lemon juice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love the idea of slicing/seperating the sprouts. You get a whole different texture. While making these, I noticed that I was going to have a problem with dry scorching, so I added about 1/4-1/3 cup of chicken broth. That helped a lot and also helped to enhance the flavor. I also doubled the garlic. Thanx for sharing. I'll make sprouts this way again, making sure to add that chicken broth.Reply